Updates September 2016, 2018 Boot2Docker has been replaced by Docker for Mac
To those on OSX or Windows: Don’t let a slow experience give you an impression that Docker isn’t enterprise-grade!
- Docker is amazing, fast, and flexible.
- Prior tools, boot2docker particularly, were slow and prone to crash.
Docker can currently run natively on a Linux Kernel v3.4+ - and the current boot2docker vm actually runs v4.
Best use of your hardware: Install the Latest Debian or Ubuntu on your Mac/Windows box,
… c’mon those games aren’t helping your code…
Check your setup
Review the output of
docker info command.
- Security: Check the server for unexpectedly open ports (with
nmapfrom a remote network)
- DNS: Use a local cache or low-latency DNS server.
- Storage: Use the correct storage driver (
Check out the Docker for Mac homepage